Check to see whether you’re eligible.
Obtaining a Tier 4 Visa is required for international students planning to study in the United Kingdom. If you haven’t been accepted into a school, you’ll need a student visa. Applications for student visas to the United Kingdom are handled three weeks from the date they are submitted.
- Acceptance into the institution of higher learning at which you plan to enroll.
- Confirmation of study admission is known as a “confirmation of acceptance” (COE).
- The money you’ll need to pay your tuition and support your living expenses while you’re in the UK.
Prepare your paperwork.
- A passport that is up-to-date and in good standing.
- A color passport-sized photo that complies with the photo requirements.
- Proof that you’ve been accepted into the university.
- If you’ve had a previous passport, you can exhibit your trip history in it.
- Documents in languages other than English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
Fill out and submit an online application.
Make a payment for the application fee you’ve been quoted.
- Some branches of the Standard Chartered Bank allow you to pay your fees there.
- “The British High Commission” will get a demand draft.
- To pay the charge, you will need to obtain an official demand draft from a nationalized or foreign bank. Bank fees for this service may vary. There must be “The British High Commission” written on the demand letter.
- You can pay the visa application fee at the visa application center when you submit your visa application, as long as you have sufficient funds.
- Visa application fees can be paid online using a credit or debit card from Visa or MasterCard. Go to the visa application center on the scheduled day.